Please Donate Food at: Dale City Giant
and "LIKE" us on Facebook
Welcome to A Cat's Friend, Inc. - A Cat Rescue Volunteer Organization
A Cat's Friend, Inc. is a 501(c) (3) non-profit all volunteer organization whose mission is to provide the best possible care for feral and abandoned cats living outdoors. We care for over 350 cats and kittens outside every day, as well as about 100 cats in foster care who have been rescued.
We feed OVER 350 cats every day! Our mission is:
- To provide care for feral and abandoned cats and their kittens and reduce their population through spay/neuter and adoption.
- To provide food, shelter and veterinary care to abandoned and homeless felines. And rescue cats from municipal or private kill-shelters.
- To humanely trap, sterilize, vaccinate and release felines whom humans have abandoned.
- To provide feline-care assistance to feline guardians in need.
- To educate the public about the needs of companion animals, particularly felines, and the impact of human actions on those needs.
- To distribute contributions to other similar 5Olc3 organizations who are exempt from taxation under section 5Ola of the IRS Code.
Meet Toby - ACF's CAT OF THE WEEK
Toby showed up at a local shopping center approximately 1.5 years ago. Sadly, his caregiver believes that he was once a pet. Recently Toby was diagnosed with having struvite crystals (aka urinary tract stones). The vet recommended that he be placed on a quality wet cat food diet and no longer eat dry cat food.
His caregiver is currently treating Toby at her home, but cannot keep him much longer since she runs a daycare center out of her house. She does not feel comfortable returning Toby to his cat colony as she cannot control his intake of food.
Toby is a friendly cat, but requires patience and someone who will love him on his terms. He is learning to trust people again. Some days he's sweet, purring and lovable, and other times unpredictable as he swats and nips.
Toby is not yet comfortable with other pets and energetic children. So, it is best that he not be placed in a home where children reside.
Toby is neutered, vaccinated, and has tested negative for FIV/FeLV.
His caregiver is offering to make a donation and or help with any vetting that he may require.
If you are interested in adopting Toby, please contact A Cat's Friend Inc. With patience, love, and regular attention, he will learn to trust again and has the potential of being a great pet.
Thank You to the Animal Rescue Fund!
The Animal Rescue Fund in Delaplane, VA,- http://www.arfrescueva.org/ - gave A Cat's Friend a generous grant of $1,000.00. This grant will help with us with cat food, veterinary costs and spaying and neutering.